January 14, 2009

Dreaming of spring

No work tomorrow - too cold! So I am wiling away the late-night hours dreaming of gardens I cannot plant until we find a forever house (which is still years away). I'll have to make do with the mysterious buds that pop out of our flower beds every spring. Two years ago I tried to document the flowers, identify and map them... I took some pictures, and identified like three flowers (daisies, coneflowers, lamb's ear). Apparently botany isn't my forte. Anyway, to help ease the chill of winter I'm sending out our deposit on a half-share at a local CSA. Click here for more info or to find one of your own!

1 comment:

  1. You should see the stack of gardening and "build your own greenhouse" books in our living room right now. I think I'm single-handedly keeping the local library in business. :)
    Know exactly what you mean about IDing those mystery flowers. Is it a weed? A plant? Do I pull it? Every year, forever house or not, your botany memory will grow. I promise. Enjoy your day off!!!

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? Concerns?