February 1, 2009

Patience is a virtue

*Sigh* 6:00am on a Sunday. What am I doing here while the boys of the house are still snuggled in upstairs dreaming? I'm doing a little dreaming of my own... of this little girl who seems to already prove to be my daughter.

Anyone who knows me could probably recall a time when I dug my heels in and refused to do something until I was good and ready. Well, I think this little one might have a penchance for that, too. No matter how much I talk to her and try to coax her into meeting us, she isn't ready yet. Kole keeps reminding me that she isn't due until Friday, although weeks ago he predicted that we'd be at the hospital last night and she'd be born today.

I should know better, I suppose. If she takes after either of us in the "getting ready to go" department. It'll be awhile yet. I may, on occasion, accuse Kole of dilly-dallying when it's time to get ready to go somewhere. I however, am worse. Case in point - we have been attending church [kind of] regularly since November, and we plan to go again this morning.

Kole, last night: "I wonder what it would be like to get there on time?"

Kari [shoots him a chagrinned look]

So, I am little slow in the morning... who can blame me? It is embarrassing though, because the church is usually quite full and arriving late entails a parade that last week lead us to the front row (gasp!). Oh, the horror!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns?