July 10, 2009

Treasures

We hit up a moving sale the other morning.  I happened upon the listing on craigslist and found myself salivating over the online photos of the merchandise available.  Frosted United States state glasses?  Vintage glassware?  A WHOLE ROOM OF FIESTAWARE?!?!  I frantically forwarded it to Kole at work and began making a master plan – arrive at 8, get a number at 9, have a coffee, take a walk, storm the place at 10 – wear Maggie in the Bjorn and take hostage all that we could carry with us.  The best vessel for treasure hunting?  Oh, we took a laundry basket…really.

I was pretty worked up all night – what if we didn’t get in during the first wave of people?  What if we drove 35 miles quite early in the morning, and everything we wanted was gone by the time we found the fiesta room?  What if Maggie was a total pill? What if, what if, what if?!?!  Luckily, despite a TERRIBLE night with a SCREAMING child, we decided to forge ahead with the plan, and we cleaned up!

May I present some of our newest treasures for your viewing pleasure…

DSCN6373 DSCN6366 DSCN6367 DSCN6369 DSCN6372

I think the knife set was our favorite purchase of the day.  There were some other treasures, but they’re being kept hidden for a debut at a later day – Thanksmas, perhaps.

Have a happy weekend- we’re off to Antiques Roadshow in Madison!

1 comment:

  1. Great finds! LOVE the fiesta knives...didn't know such a thing even existed. How much do you want for them??

    AP

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? Concerns?