We’ve been busily checking items off the TTD before Christmas list *sigh*. Some days it’s exhausting, but with Maggie’s first Christmas to look forward to, I find myself feeling that sense of wonder that I felt as a child. You know what I’m talking about – that feeling that December would last forever and the anticipation of the big day would surely get the best of you before the 24th arrived! It’s exciting preparing for her first Christmas. I have OH SO MANY ideas for plushies, altered clothing, and other toys, and no sewing machine and only 12 more days to get it all done. Hmmmm…
I did order a machine, it just hasn’t arrived yet. My fingers are crossed for early this week. In the meantime, we’re working on other projects. We went to get a tree at our most favorite tree farm.
We put it up – with appropriate safety features, of course.
Putting up the tree is my favorite part of Christmas. We don’t do the store-bought color scheme thing. No, siree. My parents started a tradition of buying me an ornament every Christmas – they still do. Every one has the year and a name on it. Decorating the tree becomes a slow walk down memory lane that takes me back to the Christmases of my childhood, often reminding me of the events of a particular year.
Our tree now also tells the tale of the family here at the House Where We Live. When Kole and I started traveling together, we began collecting ornaments from the places we visited. There are at least 20 ornaments from our honeymoon alone, not to mention all the other side trips we’ve taken together. In the left-center area of the picture above is a white & blue cow ornament. It was the first ornament that Kole and I purchased together. We were at a corn maze in the Door County Peninsula circa 2004. I would have forgotten about that short afternoon adventure were it not for the yearly reminder I get right around this time of year.
We’re pretty excited about Maggie’s first ornaments. We found a few that just seemed too perfect! The last 3 days in our Advent hide-a-gift, homemade calendar are our ornaments to each other. I’ll try to remember to share them when the time comes.
Until then, we wish you a happy, peaceful countdown to Christmas
No comments:
Post a Comment
Questions? Comments? Concerns?