February 1, 2011

Once upon a time things were all gumdrops and unicorns.

01 30 11_0458
Once upon a time things were all gumdrops and unicorns. 
As parents we couldn’t imagine that our little girl would ever be that kid in public.  You know, the one who’s screaming and throwing a fit as his/her parents look on with dismay and try desperately to look less embarrassed then they feel.
01 30 11_0462
Yeah. Uh huh.  Nice try folks.  We’ve hit meltdown city here…and I don’t think anyone’s booked us a return ticket back to happyland.  So it looks like we’ll be spending all of our Maggie time at home.  That’s right, we’ll be staying in this house until she turns 3, which is in 1 year and 17 days… that’s not too long not to take your child out in public is it?
01 30 11_0461
Look at those eyes – scheming, planning…
01 30 11_0463
For this.

2 comments:

  1. What makes you think that stops when they are 3?!

    I can tell you, it doesn't...But, I am the Auntie so I don't get much of that (I know they save this for their parents:) -- which I will get to see soon:)!

    My most embarrasing public moment with the little one: we were iceskating on campus and my niece gets off the ice, says she doesn't feel good and then throws up (like an immense amount). Poor young college student that had to clean that up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, she and Errol Witchard would make the best of friends, taking turns with the tantrum-throwing. I'm about ready to pitch him into a snowbank.

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? Concerns?