November 9, 2011

I forgot.

In the time it’s been since we had a newborn in the house I forgot a lot.

I forgot just how much work it is worrying about them all the time.  And now with 2 kids in the house… double the worry.

I forgot how messy things get and how quickly they get that way.

I forgot HOW MANY TIMES a newborn can want to eat in a day…

and, I forgot to think of those times in terms of bonding time because this little one will surely grow up as quickly as the first one did.

I forgot how many times a day I feel the need to put my hand on his chest or my fingers under his nose, just to be sure he’s still breathing.

I forgot the smell of *baby*.

I forgot how tired I could feel, and how little sleep I would get.

I forgot how small, precious, and lovely a baby is.

IMGP8307

IMGP8308IMGP8311

 

IMGP8352_edited-1

And now I remember it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns?