It's just not one that I possess large quantities of! As you may well know, the due date for this little baby has come and gone, and still nothing. And if you've tried to call me in the past few days, I'm sure you were greeted by my cheery voicemail message and not my dreary real live voice. I'm too sad to talk. Another weekend of walking, talking, dreaming about baby, and we're right back here to Monday morning. And instead of cuddling a little bundle of joy in the rocking chair, I'm dressed and ready for yet another day at school where I will face eager groups of students and colleagues who continue to ask, "So, no baby yet?"
Today again I'll have to remind myself to be calm and know that they are excited, too. But really, it makes it so much harder to be constantly asked about something that Kole and I are the MOST excited about and have no control over. I read some online forum postings last night from other women in this situation. They made me laugh (which was needed). I promise, we haven't had a baby and kept her a secret for a few days or weeks. I also promise we'll call, blog, email, and shout from the rooftops when she gets here. In the meantime my phone will stay on mute and we'll just try to take it one day at a time.
OH!!!! A great, big, belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!!!! Somehow the real day just slipped away and I missed it. Sorry for the tardiness, but I'll bet you will believe me when I say that you've been in my thoughts pretty much every day, your birthday being no different. Sending you lots and lots and lots of peaceful, ecstatic birthing vibes...... Lots and lots.
ReplyDeleteK,
ReplyDeleteI have been wondering about you and the status of baby... Well, soon enough you will be blessed with a little girl! Until then, take care!!