Wednesday marked Maggie’s first half birthday. It’s hard to believe it’s been 6 months already! She’s really grown a lot in the past few weeks – lots more giggles and ‘talking’, lots and lots of rolling, and she’s even starting to pull/push herself around on the floor.
We headed out to the NEW Zoo to celebrate. We were invited to an event there anyway, and it seemed like a good thing to do for a birthday treat. I must admit we were leery – we haven’t had much luck at this particular zoo. Usually the animals are inside or sleeping or they’ve lost limbs and/or are bleeding. Really. We’ve seen it all there. Kole and I had a particularly odd visit there early on in our dating repertoire during which at least one animal in every exhibit seemed to have some ailment, and also we saw a bird fly into the window at the lion exhibit and then watched it die. Kole maintains that there was nothing we could do… I still feel badly about it.
Anyway, this visit was VERY different from our previous stops. It was cool outside and all the animals were out and about! Please to enjoy some photo highlights:
We had a really great time! Maggie even got a smashed penny to commemorate the event. She has quite the collection now – we’re up to 5, I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Questions? Comments? Concerns?