August 6, 2009

On the way there…

On our way to Devil’s Lake we made a few pit stops in Omro, Ripon, and Green Lake.  We scored serious treasures at some local thrift stores and enjoyed an interesting lunch experience during which I wasn’t sure whether to be delighted or weirded out.  Our waitress was a sweet young girl who told me, “…you look like a woman I know from Ripon.  You look so much like her.  She’s in high school…” Hmm.  Is it good to have someone tell you that you look 16, when actually you’re 31?  I can’t decide.

     DSCN6547DSCN6546 DSCN6562DSCN6555

DSCN6556

DSCN6560

We also stopped at the birthplace of the Republican Party…not because it felt like home to us or anything - just because it seemed like something one should see.  Disappointingly, it is one of 3 places in the U.S. claiming to be the original spot where the party was established.  I guess we’ll never know for certain.

DSCN6570 DSCN6571  DSCN6567DSCN6572

I think the photo above looks like Kole and Maggie are posing for senior pictures. hee hee.

More about our adventures tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns?