July 27, 2011

Portland… I think I could call you home.

I spent the weekend in Portland, Oregon.  Oh, to live in a place where it can be 85 degrees with no humidity!?!  Why didn’t I know this place existed before I settled down in Summer Swelterland, USA?

Highlights from the trip included:

a maple – bacon delight at VooDoo Doughnut

DSCN8186

seeing the Indigo Girls at the Oregon Zoo.

Visiting Crafty Wonderland, and finding the MOST PERFECT present idea for Kole EVER!  Then finding out it wasn’t for sale, tracking down the owner of the store at an event a few blocks away, finding out where she bought it and getting to that store to purchase said item in haste before jetting to the airport for my flight home!

Powell’s.  Where I made new friends due to the fact that I was wearing my recycled t-shirt skirt from Confectionique, and so was the check-out girl!  Which reminds me, I’m supposed to get the info on who makes those and email her.

Great food at Mother’s Bistro and Cha!Cha!Cha! Mexican Restaurant.

Views of Mt. Rainier,  Mt. St. Helens, Mt. Adams, and Mt. Hood from Council Crest Park.

DSCN8193

DSCN8194

This:

DSCN8188

A double-decker bus turned vintage clothing store.  Damn you maternity body!

And some quality time & conversations with a dear friend.

1 comment:

  1. It is the best place to live. I have zero complaints even in the winter about pdx!

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? Concerns?