December 18, 2011

Snow Globe Soap

IMGP8804If you’re on our Christmas list and want to be surprised, well, SPOILER ALERT.  You’re getting soap.  Not the nasty, “you’re on the naughty list, wash your mouth out and I don’t want to hear that word ever again!” kind of soap.  Nor the, “hey we didn’t know what to get you so we got you this sample size of soap because it was on sale at bath and body works and it was december 23rd and we were out of time” soap. 
You’re getting (insert drum roll here) homemade snow globe soap!  I bookmarked the tutorial on AlphaMom at least a year ago, so we got the supplies and gave it a go.  It worked really well!  It helps that we are treasure hunters and that I happened to have a drawer full of miniature stuff to put in the soap.
  IMGP8811
It was quick, easy, pretty cheap (I used coupons at Michaels for supplies) and fairly toddler friendly.  I did the melting and mixing and Maggie did the miniature placement.  She also spent time poking the animals with toothpicks to move them around, so if your deer or duck is upside down, well, too bad.
IMGP8794
IMGP8797_edited-1
IMGP8809

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns?