Maggie has been playing princess birthday party pretend for a month in preparation for her big day. I think all of her babies and Ezra have each had a Belle, Snow White, and Aurora birthday party. She saved her favorite princess for herself. And so, last weekend my big girl turned three with a backdrop of Rapunzel from Tangled. When she told me she wanted a Rapunzel birthday party, I got kind of excited and added a whole bunch of new pins to Pinterest. And then, I got more realistic.
The kids are 3. Seriously, will they know if I make Rapunzel themed food? Special decorations? No. And so we had a successful snack of jello, string cheese and goldfish crackers. We decorated with vintage birthday cards and my signature vintage hankie bunting (though the perpetually stuffy noses here have me wishing I hadn’t sewn so many of them together).
We got our copy of Family Fun just a few days before the party, and in it we spied this ribbon-pull pinata. So toddler friendly. They all took turns pulling ribbons and showed unprecedented patience really. When the magic trapdoor ribbon was chosen, the kids were showered in stickers, tattoos, and erasers (all thrift store buys, of course).
We also enjoyed making crowns out of recycled poster board and punch outs from paint strips, and we did spring for a photocopy of Flynn Ryder’s wanted poster to serve as a photo op. It is my goal to have some photo cut out at every birthday party. It’s non-negotiable.
And of course, there were cupcakes.
Happy Birthday little one. Te Quiero Mucho!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Questions? Comments? Concerns?