February 24, 2012

Birthdays are my favorite.

My birthday has long been my favorite holiday.  Birthdays are so wonderful, because it’s the one day a year that’s all about you.

On Maggie’s actual birthday, we celebrated with family.  It was such a special day for her!  We went to church in the morning and then out for a special birthday breakfast of french toast.  Then it was back home for a nap, and family time in the evening! 

IMGP9464

Maggie read all of her cards out loud.  According to her, they ALL said, “I’m the birthday girl!” And then she’d smile at everyone.

IMGP9449

IMGP9458

She got some cool stuff – a cardboard house from my parents (reminiscent of the one I got from them when I was 3), and also a camera that she has been using lately to take photos of her brother and the dog, or more often the carpet, the ceiling… we’re working on camera skills!  She also got the Lady & the Tramp DVD, a new book, some clothes, a coloring puzzle & some cash from her aunts & uncles.

IMGP9472

Ezra gave her this vintage Cabbage Patch Dolls horse for her babies.

IMGP9479

Mom & Dad were finally able to gift her the dollhouse we’ve been storing for a few years.  I found this natural beauty at the Salvation Army when Maggie was a year old.  We had walked there from our old house, and when I saw this thing (complete with wooden furniture), I got really excited.  It was 1/2 price hours – so the whole thing was $30.  The trick was that I couldn’t pay and then pick up later – it was cash & carry only.  So imagine me pushing an umbrella stroller with a 1 year-old with one hand, and carrying this doll house in the other… for about 3 blocks.  It was worth it – she loves it! 

IMGP9489

IMGP9491

We had the requested birthday meal of homemade macaroni & cheese with hot dogs on the grill.  For dessert – chocolate cake with chocolate frosting!  It was a wonderful day full of special memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns?