May 7, 2009

the smell of sunshine

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the smell of clothes dried on the line. There is just something about putting on a t-shirt or snuggling between sheets that smell like sunshine and summer that
makes me happy.

I enjoy hanging the clothes out, feeling a little greener, a little cleaner... But I especially feel a smile creep across my face every time I hang Maggie's diapers out there. Something about them lined up in rows flapping in the breeze is just happy.

4 comments:

  1. ME TOO!!!! There have been comments around here, though, of those diapers being too stiff for that sweet newborn butt. It's a strong argument...

    ReplyDelete
  2. After I bring them in I sometimes fluff thim in the dryer for 5 minutes. It takes away from the "sun-clean" smell, but they're easier to fold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the smell of sunshine and hanging out clothes, but I am one of those folks Mary Jo's talking about that find them too stiff... I might give the clothes line a try again.

    I hadn't realized you were in the hospital six days. That would be so long, but I am sure that seems like forever ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've been putting them on the line again. I remembered it isn't the stiffness that got me, but me thinking they were dry when they are not! It's super windy but not sunny at our place. So, most clothes dry super fast on the line. That spoils me. The diapers don't dry very fast. I take them in and soon figure out the inner fibers aren't dry.
    BTW- there's a place downtown Appleton with cloth diapers now... Just Act Natural.

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? Concerns?