January 9, 2012

Fifty Two

That’s how many projects I’m aiming to finish this year.  I was perusing the blogosphere and looking at everyone’s resolutions and such, and a thought occurred to me.  Wouldn’t it be great to complete one project a week in 2012?  Would it be doable?  We’ll find out.  Here’s the challenge:  tackle one task on my ever growing to-do list every week.  Celebrate my accomplishments here.  There are some questions that go along with this I suppose. 

What constitutes a project? This is fairly loose.   Getting stamps = not a project.  Painting the bathroom, sewing those kitchen curtains, cleaning & organizing the god-awful tupperware cabinet = all projects.  Really it’s my own discretion.  Perhaps getting stamps will qualify as a project during a particularly hellish week, perhaps not.

While 52 is a lot of projects, I don’t think it’s totally unmanageable.  I am counting on divvying up larger projects into small chunks that we can celebrate.  For example, we’d like to do some landscaping this year.  I would not write “landscape” on my to-do list, but I would list “clean out flower beds, prune trees, dig up grass & put down top soil…”  I think you get the idea.

We started quite a few projects this week.  There’s some artwork getting rehung in the family room and a photo installation going up in the bedroom.  We also started cleaning out several closets.  Have I mentioned that I’m super great at starting projects and that I can often find the energy to finish them, but I get lost in the middle?  I lack patience.  Kole, on the other hand, is diligent.  He’s an excellent middle-of-the-project stick with it kind of guy.  Hopefully the balance will keep us going.  So, I don’t have photos of any finished projects from this week – though I’ll get them on here soon.  Instead, I thought I’d share a room redo from 2011.

Here’s Maggie’s big girl room "before”

01 01 11_0384

01 01 11_0386

During painting…

01 01 11_0387

And after!

IMGP9124

IMGP9125

IMGP9128

Come back tomorrow to get the skinny on what we did and for how much.  The only thing that we bought new is the abc carpet in this last photo.  Everything else was a previously loved treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns?