Are you ready to get the low-down on Maggie’s room redo? We started painting in January of last year – before we knew we’d be welcoming little brother into our midst.
The colors for the room were based on a comforter I got at Goodwill. It was new from Target’s Liberty of London line. You can see it on her bed here (it’s a full-size, so it’s folded in half).
Kole painted her table and chairs to match (blue chair is MIA as of this picture).
I sewed curtain panels from a roll of white fabric I got at an estate sale for $2. If you’ve gotten a quilt from me in the last 3 years, chances are the base fabric was from this. I bought ribbon from JoAnn’s to match the colors of her room to adorn the panels. In retrospect, I’d have made the panels on the larger window about double as wide, but I’ll file that away for when we redecorate this room in the (distant) future.
The picture hanging between the two windows is a poster of the ABC’s found in nature. We bought it at the Sertoma Butterfly House in Sioux Falls, South Dakota on our honeymoon. It hung in the office at our old house, and we were happy to repurpose it in Maggie’s room.
The table and chairs were a score from an estate sale awhile back. The play kitchen from that post was resold for $20 (a $5 profit!) when I spotted the gems in this picture on Craigslist. The bunk beds, oven, sink and refrigerator were a steal at $30! Kole painted the fridge door with magnetic paint before we covered everything in white.
The pink hamper in front of the bunk beds was a find from an antique store in a nearby town. The basket next to the stove holds play food & is something we’ve used in different capacities for many years. The pink bin next to the fridge was free from a neighbor and works to corral all of Maggie’s dress up.
This picture houses some of my favorite items. The tall white shelf on the left was a thrift store purchase. $1.98. Seriously. Add some white paint and we’re in business. The long white shelf came from an estate sale. The lamp, which has a partner across the room, was an auction buy many years ago. $5 for the pair. I recovered the shades in scrap fabric, and voila! New lamps! The rocking chair came from the same SCORE day as the table and chairs, and I made the pouf pillow from a thrifted tablecloth. The book poster was a gift from friends, and with a new matte, works well in an IKEA frame I’ve had since 1999. The rug was on clearance at Target.
I really wanted a girly metal bed frame. I found this one and its twin on Craigslist for $50. I sold the other one for $40, bringing the cost of this frame to $10. The mattress was also from Craigslist – no worries, it was well vetted before purchase and came with a hypo-allergenic, waterproof cover. The dresser was rescued at auction and refinished when we were at our old house. The embroidery hoop name art was finished right before Ezra was born. The metal garbage can was found at a garage sale.
Wall paint appx. $35
Comforter $14.99
Table and chairs $5
Paint for furniture $35
Curtains & ribbon – $10
Play kitchen $30
Antique doll clothes caddy $12
White shelves $11.98
Rocking chair $5
Poster matte $12
Pouf pillow $3.48
Rug $20.98
Lamps $5
Bedframe $10
Mattress $25
Embroidery hoop art $3
Garbage can $2
Clock & poster (not pictured) $14
Total $254.43
No comments:
Post a Comment
Questions? Comments? Concerns?