April 3, 2009

MIA

Dear Friends,
Sorry I haven't posted anything new in awhile. I do have a good excuse, unfortunately.
This happened last Saturday.
We were all in the car and weren't hurt.
.
We were leaving parking lot near our house after picking up pizza to share with friends. The other driver looked down to answer his phone and hit us head-on. He was driving with a suspended license and no insurance. Our car was totalled. He drove away.
.
I slept for one hour that night. The rest of the time I watched my family sleep. I held Maggie and rocked her and kissed her and thanked God that my family was still intact even if our roomiest vehicle wasn't.
.
We have spent this week looking online for used vehicles, driving to car lots to test the leg room for the passenger once the car seat is in place, and waiting for the insurance company to call us. Still nothing.
.
Hopefully next week I'll be back with better news. We've got a birthday in the family and we'll need to celebrate!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. SO glad everyone is all right. Sending lots of hugs as you wade through the big, dumb insurance mess. Did the guy get away?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, he was stuck there until the police came and we filed a report - mainly because we didn't try to move our car away from his at all, so he was trapped. It's just frustrating that there were no consequences for him. Since we were on private property, the police couldn't give him a ticket or anything.

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? Concerns?